Herb-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast Recipe
The Spices and Bacon Give this Dish Its Distinctive Flavor
Note: This list is for making 2 breasts; adjust the ingredients for more.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (optional; bad idea if you have hypertension)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken (slice it through the center almost all the way, so you can open it like a book).
- Pound it to a uniform thickness with your kitchen mallet.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the broth and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the chicken breast and spread it out, as if it were tomato sauce on a pizza.
- Roll the chicken into a cylinder shape.
- Arrange the bacon slices under the cylinders at an angle.
- Weave them around the cylinder.
- Secure it with butchers twine or wooden toothpicks.
- Place on a roasting pan and bake for approximately 80 minutes; core temperature should be 165°.
- Remove, let it rest for 15 minutes, and consume heartily.