So whats The Green Frugal about? Glad you asked. The first part of our name is Green. We all know the implications of that, although as individuals we may differ on an exact definition. For some its as simple as using materials and products that come from renewable resources.
For others on a more extreme level, it means a struggle to save the planet by chaining themselves to trees. Here at The Green Frugal we believe in focusing on things that improve our lives while still protecting the environment. Yes, we believe there is room to strike a balance.
The second part of our name is Frugal, as in saving money. Who doesnt want to save money in these tough economic times? Well post articles that show you haw to save money buy shopping smart, re-purposing things, and tweaking your energy-efficiency.
The Green Frugal reserves the right to change these Terms at any time without notice. These changes will appear on this screen. By using this website and services, you acknowledge and agree to these limitations as set forth and accept any changes.
Make sure you are aware of the following:
- All content submitted must be content written and created by you, yourself. All pictures, video or other media must be created by you, yourself or be media for which you have permission and proper attribution. You also acknowledge that you will be responsible for ensuring the content you upload is yours.
- You may not click on any Google Adsense ads on the site. We can and will randomly check IP addresses. Anyone caught clicking on Adsense ads will be banned from the site. If you suspect an issue with Click Fraud, you must contact the Site administrators immediately.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring their Google Adsense information is submitted correctly. There is NO WAY to retroactively get ad impressions back. If you aren't sure if your information is correct, contact The Green Frugal to inquire about it immediately.
- The Green Frugal takes claims of click fraud and claims of copyright infringement seriously and reserves the right to investigate any and all claims.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Green Frugal may provide you with access to a variety of resources ("Services") including general information, message and/or communication facilities, downloads, profiles, image galleries, forums, etc. and may include a Members Only section that can be accessed only by The Green Frugal staff and members. The Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new web properties, are subject to the TOU.
USE OF CONTENT
Use of The Green Frugal content (documents, whitepapers, graphics, logos, software, forums, polls, etc.) is strictly prohibited without written consent both from the site and the individual author, if applicable. You may not modify any content, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, post on any network, broadcast in any media or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services unless expressly permitted by The Green Frugal.
Elements of The Green Frugal websites are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. Content other than that belonging to The Green Frugal is licensed or otherwise published by The Green Frugal with the permission of the owner of the material. All rights in such materials are reserved to the respective owners or authors.
Any and all Content provided by The Green Frugal is intended for personal, non-commercial, educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement with respect to any company or product, including but not limited to third party advertising and external links.
CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
The Green Frugal respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your copyrighted work appears on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by emailing The Green Frugal at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information, which is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA):
- a description of the copyrighted work and a description of the infringing activity
- the location of the copyrighted work (the original or an authorized copy) (include specific identifiers such as its URL or ISBN)
- the the-green-frugal.com URL where suspect material is located
- the signature (electronic or physical) of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- a statement by you declaring the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all of the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
The Green Frugal makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this website or any linked site will be uninterrupted, error-free, or that the site or the server that hosts the site are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. All such information is provided "as is," and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
In no event shall The Green Frugal, its agents, or anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of these pages, be liable for any direct, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website or any linked site.
You are legally and ethically responsible for words, files, pictures, or any other work you post or transmit using The Green Frugal's services and are responsible for honoring the rights of others, including intellectual-property rights (copyright, patent, and trademark), the right to privacy, and the right not to be defamed.
Links to other websites do not imply an endorsement of the materials disseminated at those websites, nor does the existence of a link to another site imply that the organization or person publishing at that site endorses any of the materials at this site. Links to other websites are provided by The Green Frugal as a convenience to its users. The Green Frugal is not responsible for the materials contained at any website linked to this site, however, authors should be linking only to relevant and family-friendly content. The Green Frugal reserves the right to remove external links from any content at its sole discretion.
UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair The Green Frugal website, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Services.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, computer systems or networks connected to any Website server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
By contributing content to The Green Frugal, be it articles, forum posts, images or any form of contribution, you are providing The Green Frugal the non-exclusive rights to publish and reproduce the content into perpetuity, per the terms of the signed Contract.
You must only submit your own original content and do not hold The Green Frugal responsible for ensuring the content does not carry a pre-existing copyright. The Green Frugal members and contributors, however, retain the copyright to their own produced work per the terms of the Contract.
Some or all of the Writer's Content may be reviewed and edited in order to maintain The Green Frugal's quality standards. Any content which is deemed inappropriate or inaccurate will be removed from the website. Content that is published will be reviewed and edited at the Website's discretion.
REVENUE AND COMPENSATION FOR AUTHORS
Contributors who sign up for a Google Adsense account, which is not related to The Green Frugal, may submit their details upon application to potentially earn revenue for submitting articles to the site. In those instances, the author's articles will display Google Adsense advertisements directly crediting their personal account. No revenue will be exchanged directly from The Green Frugal to the Writer.
Payment is not in any way controlled or influenced by The Green Frugal. Any issues with payments for Adsense advertisements must be handled between the member and Google. The Green Frugal is also not responsible for any errors in Google's reporting, or any errors in which a member improperly enters Adsense details into their The Green Frugal profile account.
The Green Frugal is also not responsible for any technical difficulties that may result in the proper ads not displaying. It is important for The Green Frugal authors to closely monitor their Google Adsense account, and report anything questionable to The Green Frugal for assistance. The Green Frugal has no access to a member's personal Google Adsense account, and therefore no method for testing.
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The Communication Services may contain forums, calendars, private messaging, comments, email sharing of articles, invitations to potential new members, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to communicate with you, and for members to communicate amongst themselves and the public.
You agree to use the communication services only to view and post messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular communication service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Provide links to files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services. Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Communication Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
The Green Frugal reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials at its sole discretion. The Green Frugal reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information in any Services.
The Green Frugal does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, The Green Frugal specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Green Frugal collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- - To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- - To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- - To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- - To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- - To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Green Frugal ~ Contact Us
This document was last updated on July 15, 2011