Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
Also Makes a Dip, Sandwich Spread, and Tortilla Roll-Up Filler
Who doesnt have too many cucumbers in the garden when summer arrives and the weather turns warm? Well, this cold cucumber soup will not only help use them up, it will also cool you down after going for that daily harvest.
This recipe actually can also do double duty; simply leave out the chicken broth and it makes a great dip, a spread for your sandwiches, or a filling for tortilla roll-ups. Whatever you choose to do, preparation is only about ten minutes and it makes a frugal dish.
Organic Ingredient List
- 1 ½ — 2 large cucumbers sliced (see the size in the photo below)
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 T fresh dill
- 1 T fresh rosemary
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 serrano or jalepeño peppers
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- a handful of parsley, chopped (loaded with vitamins!)
Depending on the capacity of your blender, you may need to make this in 2 batches and stir them together.
- Add the sour cream and broth to the blender.
- Blend well.
- Blend in the other ingredients one at a time.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve with spicy tortilla chips and garnish with thin cucumber slices, grated Parmesan cheese, and parsley if desired.
More Recipe and Nutrition Articles
- Spicy Baked Habanero Chicken Recipe
- Panamanian-Style Beef Empanada Recipe
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Understanding Nutrition Labels and Serving Size