7 Business Productivity Tools You Need
Business efficiency, Social Media, and Record-Keeping can Give You the Edge
It seems that government is the only business that can survive without being productive. For the rest of you in the real world its a case of sink or swim. In order to to keep up with or surpass the competition you need basic business productivity tools. Here are 7 of our top picks.
- A daily to-do list. This basic yet critical tool can be either online or simply done with old-fashioned pencil and paper. Moving prioritized items to the top of the list each morning and checking them off as you complete them will keep you on track.
- Take concise notes throughout the day. We all like to think we will remember everything but the reality is that we can forget, overlook, or simply modify reality by putting a happy spin on it. Stick to the facts.
- Delegate tasks. Dont try to do it all yourself. Each of your co-workers or subordinates has core strengths. Use them to the advantage to further your goals.
- Use the internet to your advantage. Its not all surfing for fun. Use this great resource to stay on the cutting edge of your industry. Learn the news, recent innovations, and what the competition is up to.
- Visit social networking sites. This is a great way to build your business network, make new business contacts, and increase sales. Driving traffic to your website is a great way to keep your customers engaged.
Be sure that you are hooked up with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. If you publish content to drive traffic to your site, this step is essential. Not only will you get eyes on your latest offering, but the search engines will index you more quickly.
- Install the right apps on your smart phone. Apps are some of the best and most affordable business productivity tools available. And did you know you can get one custom-made to make available to your team or clients? Its easy to all stay on the same page.
- Take advantage of online collaboration. As long as your information is not overly sensitive, Google, for example, offers documents, spreadsheets, and mail, all in the cloud. Regardless of how distributed your team is its easy to collaborate.
One of the highest rated software packages currently is Adobe Acrobat Professional. This software gives your team all the power of creating .pdf files for internal and external use along with built-in collaboration so that team members dont step on each others toes.
Being productive and staying ahead of the competition is easier than it ever has been, and best of all it does not have to be expensive with strategic business productivity tools. Taking advantage of these tips can put money in your pocket, lower the bottom line, and pull your team together.
Articles Others are Reading
- The 4 Biggest Trends in Inbound Marketing
- Save Money and Make Your Business Sustainable
- Making Ends Meet—Is it Possible to Make Money Online?
- Investing in Enviro-Friendly Funds